These are some of the important information discussed at the Kick-Off Meeting:
1. There will be 2 Performance Cycling Groups this year:
a. Tuesday nights starting on January 23rd, 7:30pm to 9pm (Instructor: Christine Gates)
b. Monday nights starting on January 29th, 6:30pm to 8pm (Instructor: Christie Lane)
2. General registration for Performance Cycling will start on Saturday, January 20th at 6am through the Buehler YMCA front desk or the YMCA website https://register.ymcachicago.org/ using the following codes:
Monday Spin Bike: BUHFYTRIPCB
Monday Trainer: BUHFYTRITR
Tuesday Spin Bike: BUHFYTRIPC
Tuesday Trainer: BUHFYTRITR1 (note: last character is the number one)
You can also use the keyword "Performance Cycle", but make sure that you are signing up for the right class (Spin Bike vs. Trainer). You will only be able to search for these programs starting January 20th at 6am.
3. Group swim workouts will be coming back this year: Friday nights (7pm and 8pm) starting February 9th, and Sunday afternoons (3pm) starting February 11th. Further details will be announced soon.
4. Swim stroke clinics will be held on certain Sunday afternoons. The first one will be on March 4th. Watch out for more details!
5. Membership fees this year are $50 for YMCA members and $70 for non-YMCA members. Registration can be done through the Buehler YMCA front desk or this link (search keyword: ytri): https://register.ymcachicago.org/search-results?combine=ytri
6. It is highly recommended that you sign up as a YTri member first before actually signing up for Performance Cycling.