YTri Performance Cycling classes have been a key component of the club since its inception. The classes include a two-week preparatory phase and then a 12-week progression of high intensity interval training. After the two-week prep period, each rider will perform a time-trial to determine power and / or heart rate zones for the subsequent workouts.
Classes will be offered Tuesdays from 7:30 - 9 p.m. and Mondays from 6:30 - 8 p.m. Sessions begin Tuesday, January 23 and Monday, January 29. Online registration will begin Saturday, January 20 at 6:00 a.m. This early time is chosen to allow all members fair access to signup.
The event page will not allow registration until Saturday morning. Also, your 2018 YTri club membership must be current by Monday, January 22 or you will lose your spot.
Performance Cycling is a challenging, 90-minute cycling class that uses interval training and heart rate zones to increase cycling performance. Each participant will complete a 20 minute time trial, which will determine training zones.
Those of you signing up for performance cycling please read the following carefully! Due to expected high demand the following policies have been adopted. Please understand them prior to signing up.
1. You must be a current 2018 YTri Member. Visit our sign-up page for information.
2. You can sign up for the Monday session or the Tuesday session but not both.
3. You can choose to ride a spin bike OR your own bike (bring your own trainer). Please note, your selection is your choice for the entire session. You will not be able to switch mid-session.
Non-YMCA members may participate in this class. Go through the normal signup process. If you get a spot in the class, you will be committing to a $210 program fee for the session (which works out to $15/class.) Payment is expected in-full at the YMCA front desk by the first day of class.
4. Be considerate - Be aware that by signing up and taking one of the reserved spots for the class, we are expecting you to make a long-term commitment to be at class for the entire session (14 weeks). This is a high-demand class, with only so many spots available. If you know that you cannot commit to the session, please make sure you step aside for those that can. Obviously, we understand that sometimes life gets in the way, but do your best to make it to each class, as it is progressive and builds from week to week.
5. If you did not get a reserved spot in the class because all spaces were taken, but would like to be on "stand-by," please register, so we have you on the wait list.